Cheers to 2010. I rang in the new year with little hoopla, just a quiet midnight with family and a full night's sleep. It was awesome.
So of course, it's resolution time. So let's skip over the general life resolutions and go right to the kitchen resolutions. Fortunately I stumbled upon RecipeGirl, who's got this nifty Ten in Ten challenge going on. My first 2 resolutions are in line with this foray into making this my healthiest year yet. 10 weeks is a solid, realistic time frame to build good habits, so here we go!
In 2010 I resolve to:
1. Cook! Specifically: cook at home more and should have a veggie!
Baking's a breeze, but cooking is a whole different thing. I usually eat cereal or a sandwich for dinner. It's rare I have a hot meal, much less a well balanced one. A big reason it's so rare is because it's hard to cook for one! But it's time to try. And if I make too much, hey I can bring it in for lunch the next day, yay. Here's the kicker: it has to include a veggie! You know we're supposed to eat, like, 5 servings of veggies a day. I need to increase my minimal consumption so my meals will include veggies :)
2. Eat fish (not seafood, fish) at least 3 times a month.
It's supposed to be good for you to eat fish 3 times a week, but baby steps here. Probably 90% of the time I ate fish last year was at a restaurant, and mostly in sushi form (mmm sushi). I always overcook it, so I left it to the professionals (or my dad, who made it the other 10% of the time). But in an effort to fulfill goal #1 and to make my wallet happier, I will make fish for dinner all by myself!
And finally, my non healthy but definitely still a foodie resolution:
3. Make a mean, knock-your-socks-off pie.
I usually opt to make the pie's easy cousin: crisps. And while failsafe pie crust dough recipes are all over the internet, I just haven't gotten around to making one. So sometime in the fall, since that seems to be pie time, I will master that crust and make some kind of yummy, have-dreams-about-it delicious, pie.
Here's to a great start to a new year :)
Glad to have you on board! Good luck w/ your goals for the challenge :)ReplyDelete
Looking forward to it :)ReplyDelete