A few rules of thumb when it comes to my kitchen that you may find very useful when trying to replicate recipes from this blog. So unless otherwise noted, here are my helpful hints:
1) I use KOSHER SALT.
2) In actual cooking (v. baking), always taste the food along the way and add salt/pepper/spices as necessary.
3) When making cookies, butter is always room temperature, but not super soft to the touch - it should give slightly to a gentle poke.
4) Fluff your flour before measuring!
5) I ALWAYS use parchment paper when making cookies. You could also use a silpat.
6) When making meringues -- EVERYTHING MUST BE CLEAN!!! Clean mixing bowl, whisk, hands, etc.